Africa Vital Living is an IRS approved 501(c)3 organization dedicated to helping the people of Africa to have access to a clean, reliable and local supply of drinking water. In addition to a good supply of drinking water, AVL is committed to helping school students excel by providing desks to students for the classroom and lighting kits to homes so that pupils can study after the sun goes down.
- Water is one of critical needs of daily life. Lack of water leads to a loss of school days for children due to water borne illnesses. Many illnesses are linked to poor water & sanitation conditions.
- Children need a school environment comfortable enough to promote learning activities. Children in many African schools sit on the dirt floor which makes writing and doing school work uncomfortable and dirty.
- Many homes are without safe and reliable lighting at night which prevents students from studying lesson. Oil/Kerosene lamps give off toxic fumes which are not safe for the home.
- Africa Vital Living wants to provide sustainable drinking water in the local village through the drilling of new wells and the repair of defective but viable wells.
- Africa Vital Living wants to provide school desks for children so reading and writing and doing lessons can be done in a more focused and comfortable environment.
- Africa Vital Living wants to provide clean, renewable solar lighting to students and households so school studies might continue in a health environment after dark.